This week saw lots of learning happening in school around staying safe. Alongside the learning that went on in classes, we were lucky to also have some visitors come and help us with this.
- On Monday an Education Advisor from Wessex Water talked to us about keeping safe around water and good hand hygiene. We all know how to wash our hands properly to keep our bodies safe from germs!
- On Tuesday Year 2 children participated in a Safer Internet workshop run by One Day Creative. The workshop was a lot of fun but it also had a serious message: how to navigate out of tricky situations we might find ourselves in online.
- Throughout the week, Year 2 children thought about the skills needed to become a Digital Leader. This led to the election of class representatives who will help all of us stay safe online.
- Half term homework: Safety Superstars competition!
Learning about safety continues...
- On 15th February Network Rail visited to talk to Key Stage 1 about being safe on and around trains and train tracks.
- Fire Safety: representatives from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service visited our school to run workshops for Year 2 on Friday 8th March. Early Years also had a visit from the Service on Thursday 14th March.
- On 23rd April Year 1 children attended workshops on safer road crossing run by the Wiltshire Walk Safe team.