We aim to deliver a high quality education to all children and further information about our curriculum is given below.
Clarendon Infants' School curriculum is:
- broad and balanced, based on the requirements of the National Curriculum 2014 and the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- stimulating and challenging in a way that will extend children's skills, knowledge and creativity in order to develop enquiring minds.
- committed to the principles of equality and inclusion for all children.
- relevant to the needs and interests of all children.
- able to provide children with the skills necessary to develop their potential intellectually, physically and emotionally.
- able to allow each child to question, acquire self knowledge and develop independence and responsibility for their learning.
- able to provide children with the opportunity to develop their own self esteem and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude to learning.
The curriculum will be taught using a variety of teaching styles and groupings as appropriate to the intellectual and emotional needs of the children.
Special curriculum days/weeks will be planned to enrich the curriculum.
The curriculum will be reviewed regularly and be consistent across year groups.
If you would like more information about the curriculum followed at Clarendon Infant School please speak to your child's teacher or to Mrs Lucy Jones, Acting Deputy Headteacher.